Graphs galore!

Graphs, graphs, graphs! Who knew there were so many kinds?! Not only are there so many kinds, they are all very specific on what data they can be used with. Some are categorical, some are numerical, and some have trends. The most common ones I already knew a lot about where they group of categorical graphs; the pictograph, bar graph, and circle graph. The numerical set of graphs are the dot plot, line graph, histogram, and stem & leaf plot. Now, I had never heard of a dot plot before, but I knew what the other two were. We talked about line graphs and scatter plots, too. They have different trends that can show whether or not your data is positive or negative!

It is amazing how informational graphs can be. They all have their advantages and disadvantages. Some are easy to create, some are hard to create. Some are meant for very large data sets, and some are meant for smaller data sets.

I found a fun website that has lots of graph vocabulary! Graph Vocab is a fun little game if you think you are up for the challenge. Well, I can't wait to share with you what I learn next! Happy blogging!


Comments

  1. Okay the Graph vocab game sight was a lot of fun! I ended up going to other grade levels and playing games in levels that I am around to see how appropriate the content was, and I thought it could be a very fun reward for kids to play at the end of a unit. Thank you for sharing your findings!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment